Read the text, understand it, and then ask the questions to a partner
Sarah: Hey Mike, how’s your day going?
Mike: Hi Sarah! It’s been busy. How about you?
Sarah: Same here! By the way, have you come across any cool Visual Studio Code extensions lately?
Mike: I absolutely love “Live Server.” It’s a game-changer for front-end development. Just a click, and boom, you have a live local server running, It saves me so much time during testing and debugging.
Sarah: Have you tried “Github Copilot”? It’s an AI-powered assistant that suggests code snippets and even writes code for you.
Mike: Wow, that sounds amazing! I’ve heard about it but haven’t given it a try yet. I’ll definitely check it out. By the way, have you ever used “Peacock”?
Sarah: Yes, I have! “I use it to customize the color theme of your Visual Studio Code workspace so I can distinguish different projects visually.
Mike: have you ever tried “Colorize”? It’s fantastic for front-end development. It automatically detects and visualizes CSS colors in your code.
Sarah: No, I haven’t. I can’t live without “Prettier.” It automatically formats my code. Thanks for your recommendations
Mike: You’re welcome
Sarah: Absolutely, Thanks for the chat.
Task #1: Questions
Ask these questions to a partner
- What Visual Studio Code extension does Mike find particularly helpful for front-end development?
- What does “Live Server” do, according to Mike?
- What is “Github Copilot,” and how does it assist developers?
- Which extension does Sarah use to customize the color theme of her Visual Studio Code workspace?
- What does “Colorize” do, and why is it useful for front-end development?
- What is the purpose of the “Prettier” extension that Sarah mentioned?
- How does Mike feel about trying out “Github Copilot” after Sarah’s recommendation?
Task #2: True or False
Read the statements and identify whether the statements are true or false:
- “Live Server” is a Visual Studio Code extension that allows you to run a live local server with a single click.
- “Github Copilot” is an AI-powered assistant that suggests and generates code snippets for developers.
- “Peacock” is a Visual Studio Code extension that helps customize the color theme of the workspace for better visual distinction between projects.
- “Colorize” automatically formats code in Visual Studio Code.
- “Prettier” is an extension that detects and visualizes CSS colors in your code for front-end development.
- Mike has used “Github Copilot” before.
- Sarah has used “Peacock”