Phishing is a cyberattack that involves tricking individuals into revealing their personal or sensitive information.
Read the sentences individually and identify which statements are true and which statements are false
- Phishing attacks can be carried out via legitimate and trustworthy communication channels.
- Email is the only medium through which phishing attacks occur.
- Legitimate organizations and government agencies never use email to request personal information.
- One way to prevent phishing is to check email sender addresses carefully to verify their authenticity.
- Clicking on any link or attachment in an email is always safe.
- Multi-factor authentication prevent phishing attacks.
- Never open email attachments unless you are certain they are safe.
- Phishing attacks are generally easy to detect due to spelling and grammatical errors in emails.
- Regularly updating your operating system and software can help prevent phishing attacks.
Now share with your classmates what sentences are true and what sentences are false
- Read the sentence
- Indicate if you think it is true or false
- If you disagree, explain why and try to reach an agreement