Bangladesh is a relatively small country located in South Asia.
Bangladesh has a significant population, making it the eighth-most populous country in the world.
Bangladesh gained its independence in 1971 after a liberation war with Pakistan.
The country has since made significant progress in various sectors, including education, healthcare, and economic development. However, it still faces challenges such as poverty, overpopulation, and political instability.
Bangladesh has a rich cultural heritage, influenced by its historical connections with different civilizations and religions. The predominant religion is Islam, and the official language is Bengali.
Read the sentences and analyze if these are things you should or shouldn’t do when visiting Bangladesh.
When analyzing the sentences, use expressions such as:
|#1||I think #1 is true|
|#2||I think #2 is false|
|#1||I am not sure but I think #1 is False|
|#2||I am not sure but I think #1 is True|
|#1||I am 100% sure #1 is True|
|#2||I am 100% sure #1 is False|
- You should respect elderly people.
- You can talk freely about how much money people make. It is an appropriate topic.
- You can criticize Islamism. Bangladeshis understand outsider views.
- You should expect the patriarch to make family decisions.
- You should bring expensive alcohol as gifts.
- You must invite Bengali people to eat Pork Products, They love pork.
- You shouldn’t open gifts in front of the giver.
- It is ok to compare Bangladeshis with Pakistani people. They are culturally and politically the same
- You should stand or sit close during conversations. The proximity between people is ok
- You can show public displays of affection
- You should avoid talking about Cricket. Bangladeshi are not into that.
- Don’t shake hands with a woman unless she offers her hand first.
Source: Bangladeshi Culture