This is a listening exercises about Families.
The listening exercises are suited for students with a B2 Level
Always a Family – Introduction
On the morning of September 11th, Michael Trinidad called his ex-wife, Monique Ferrer, from the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center’s North Tower to say goodbye. In the wake of his death, Monique tells the story of Michael’s lasting legacy—the family they built together.
This is a list of important vocabulary that you should check out before completing the task
|get married||to confide|
|get divorced||separate ways|
|hysterical||put somebody on|
|to break somebody’s heart,||to joke,|
|to drive somebody crazy|
Ponder about and answer these questions before watching the video
- What do you know about the events that happened in 9/11?
- How old were you when the events happened?
- How much do you love your family?
Watch the video Always a Family and think of these questions while watching it
- What is the name of the couple that the video talks about?
- How old was she when they met?
- How old was she when they get married?
- How many kids did they have?
- What secret did the kids reveal to their mom?
- What was the last Michael’s phone call about?
Post – Listening
Write a short paragraph stating why it is important to say to your loved ones how much you love them